Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Malocchio (Evil Eye)


Mario Siciliano's Malocchio (or Eroticfollia as it is also known) is a unusual mix of giallo and supernatural horror. I love a good hallucination/nightmare sequence and since this starts off with one I got my hopes up the first time I watched it. Unfortunately the mix of genres isn't entierly successful and the end result turns out to be a fairly average. Pretty cool score by Stelvio Ciprianni though.
No info on who did the top poster. The one blow is by Ferrari (Studio Paradiso)
The last and third certainly pushed the erotic angle the furthest. I don't really have a clue as to which order the came, but my guess would be the third one is a fairly desperate attempt to sell the erotic angle after the frist two failed to make a dent at the box office. Again, this is purely speculation.






No comments: